6 New DIY Furniture Ideas to Try
We understand that you have a unique vision for your living space. That’s why at Huck Finn Home we’re all about DIY furniture. We have a wide selection of natural and unfinished furniture that’s perfect for multiple projects. Plus, you don’t have to be a DIY expert to get started. Grab some tools and let’s dig into your next 6 DIY furniture ideas you should try!
6 DIY Furniture Ideas You Should Try
- Turn your cabinet into a kitchen island or stand: Do you have a cabinet you’d like to get rid of or refurbish? Perfect, then you’re in the right place. You too can turn your old cabinets into a kitchen island with only basic cutting skills. All you have to do is transform the cupboards into shelves or cubbies, add a countertop of your choice like granite or marble, and paint — Voilà!
- Transform your dresser into a dresser bench: Did you know that you can easily turn an unfinished dresser into a bench? You have many opportunities to make this DIY project custom by determining how long the back of the bench is to the base it will rest on. At Huck Finn Home, you can find a great selection of unfinished dressers to get you started.
- Make a footstool from an unfinished dresser drawer: Now, that you’ve gotten rid of some drawers on your unfinished dresser bench you now have the chance to build new footstools. You’ll just need some screws, fabric, and glue, and the nice part about this project is that it’s quick and easy to make.
- Cute craft drawer shelves: Can’t find the prefect shelves for your space? Instead, you can turn your drawers from an unfinished dresser into adorable drawer shelves for your walls. It’s super quick, so you can easily get your DIY on in no time. The best part is that you can find unique and various sized drawers at Huck Finn Home. Our huge in-store selection will have just the drawer size and shaker you’re looking for!
- Turn an unfinished or natural wood bed frame into a garden bench: This unique and easy DIY transformation creates an aesthetically pleasing piece of furniture perfect for any patio, balcony, or yard. The use of both the headboard and footboard can create different shaped benches and you can find a great selection of unfinished wood bed frames to get you started.
- Upgrade your unfinished side table into a planter: This one is very simple. Yet, there are so many ways you can accomplish this. From adding baskets to potting plants in drawers, you can really let your creativity fly as you repurpose an unfinished table as a plant stand. At Huck Finn Home, find great unfinished tables to get you started! You can even shop our accessories to help complete your DYI projects.
Now, that you have all these DIY furniture ideas to try, don’t forget to stop by your local Warehouse at Huck Finn for excellent deals on thousands of items. For over 50 years, we’ve had one of the largest selections of natural wood furniture in the Capital Region.
From oak to pine or maple to parawood, you’ll find a great selection of natural wood or unfinished furniture perfect for many DIY projects. If you can’t find the piece you want, you can upgrade our natural wood or unfinished furniture with our complete selection of finishing supplies. So, you can paint, stain, or DIY your furniture to your liking! We have finishing pros available to guide you through the simple steps of this really rewarding part of the finishing process.
If you’re really ready to give your home a makeover, schedule a design consultation with us today!